Barnham CEVC Primary School is supported by an active and informed governing body
made up of parents, staff, church and Local Authority appointed
They meet each term as a Full Governing Body and each committee also meets
termly to discuss specific areas in more detail.
The sub-committees are:
* Ethos Committee
* Finance,Health & Safety, Premises and Personnel.
* Curriculum and Standards (Learning & Achievement)
Many informal meetings are carried out as part of the life of school, along with,
on-going and rigorous monitoring and evaluating activities.
It is important that Governors get to know the school well by visiting it,
supporting events and by undertaking training.
The role of the governors includes:
* setting the school's aims and policies
* improving standards of teaching and achievement
* setting the school's budget plan and monitoring expenditure
* interviewing and appointing teachers and support staff
* acting as a link between the local community and the school
* dealing with complaints about the school
* drawing up an action plan after an inspection, and monitoring the success of the plan
School governors play a vital part in the success of schools.
They are volunteers, who work with the headteacher and the Council to improve
standards in the school.
Meet the Governors...