(Approx. 30 mins – 9 min teaching video, 25 min activity)
- Join in with the song.
- Retell your alternative story of the ginger bread man (with your new character) using your story map that you made yesterday.
- Step your story using your story map – Maybe your grown up can take a few photos of your actions.
- Can you think of your own joke about the gingerbread man?
- Write your own joke about the gingerbread man!
- Paper, pencils
- Device to watch video
(Approx. 30 mins)
- How many small dots? How many large dots? How many dots altogether?
- Gather together a group of teddies or toys.
- Put a group of teddies in one place e.g. on bed and another group on the floor
- How many are there in each group – how many are there altogether?
- Device to watch video.
- Teddies or toys
Maths (Year one):
(Approx. 20 mins)
- There is no video today. Instead, complete these sheets using your new shape knowledge!
- Some may be a bit tricky - use 3D shapes around the house to help you complete the sheet.
- Paper, pencils
- Separate sheet (Y1 Maths: 2D shapes names and properties/Y1 Maths: 3D shapes names and properties).
- Y1 Maths: 2D shapes names and properties.
- Y1 Maths: 3D shapes names and properties.
- Don’t forget the posh word for corners – vertices!
- Watch Miss Sutton's video: ‘ear’
- Pause it at the relevant points for your child to answer any questions, practise letter formation or to fill in each part of the sheet.
- The sheet is called ‘Phonics: ear'.
- If you do not have access to a printer, please don’t worry – children can write it out on a piece of paper, the sheet isn’t necessary but may just be handy as a reference.