(Approx. 30 mins – 9 min teaching video, 20 mins activity)
- Watch Oak Academy video with Miss Doherty (19mins) ‘Lesson 1: To listen and join in with a persuasive piece’
- Join in with the sound game.
- Sing the nursery rhyme with Miss Doherty.
- What does non-fiction mean? Factual text.
- Why should your teddy talk partner buy your gingerbread? What makes it so special?
- See if you can persuade someone in your family to ‘buy’ your (pretend) gingerbread? Are you persuasive enough? Remember to add in lots of reasons why they should buy it!
(Approx. 30 mins)
- Watch this video: ‘Session 3 – Composition of numbers to 5 (3 groups)’ (Alive in 5 – week 2) (5mins)
- Pause video at different points and complete challenges.
- Quick! How many dots are there altogether?
- Create a pond, log and grass at home (this could be a blue top, a shoe as the log and a green scarf – use whatever you have! J
- Make some frogs (these could be teddies/buttons/chocolates!)
- How can you arrange the ‘frogs’?
- Device to watch the video
- Pack of cards
- Or picture number cards (in resources bank – not essential but may help if you don’t have a pack of cards).
Maths (Year one):
(Approx. 30 mins)
- Watch this video: ‘Numbers from 11-20’ (9mins)
- Pause video at different points and complete challenges. (20mins)
- If you have straws at home, count out 10 and tie them up in a bundle.
- Pick a number between 11-20. Can you find the correct number of objects to match?
- Complete warm up ‘Tuesday warm up’ sheet
- Complete worksheet ‘Yr 1 Tuesday Maths’. Use the 0-20 word mat to support you writing the number names.
- Maybe you could decorate this number word mat and make it your placemat for dinner time!
- Paper, pencils
- Device to watch video
- 2x tens frames
- 0-20 word mat
- Straws (if you have them – not essential)
- Separate sheet (Yr1 Tuesday Maths warm up + worksheet)
- Bingo - If Miss Sutton or the troll says one of the words that you have written down, cross it out.
- Once you’ve crossed out all three, you can shout BINGO BINGO BINGO!